Skip to main content
Some of your teachers have suggested the following journals as being among the most authoritative in the field.
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - Search Online Here (1995-2003, 2012-present)
- American Journal of Preventative Medicine
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition
- Biomedical Central Public Health
- Health Education Behavior
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) - Search Online Here (1998-present) in print 1945-present at Library
- Topics of Clinical Nutrition - available in print at McNeese Library (1992-present)
- American Journal of Health Promotion
Search For eJournal Titles
- Environment Index
This database provides articles on topics related to agriculture, ecology, pollution, renewable energy, waste management, and more. Users can limit searches by full-text articles and articles with references (usually peer-reviewed/ scholarly).
- Health Source: Nursing/ Academic Edition
This database provides articles on topics related to medicine, nursing, nursing ethics, pediatrics, research, and more. Users can limit searches to full-text and peer-reviewed/ scholarly articles.
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source
Search full-text journals and dissertations in ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source alongside Systematic Reviews, Evidence Summaries, and Best Practice Information Sheets from the renowned Joanna Briggs Institute.
Search for articles with Google Scholar
What is Google Scholar?
Google Scholar is a specialized search engine for finding academic materials such as peer-reviewed journal articles, books, theses, abstracts, proceedings, and technical reports from various academic disciplines. Search results link to a variety of sources which frequently contain full-text materials. Some of the search results you might find in Google Scholar are accessable through the library's subscription databases. If you are searching from campus, you will see a find@mcneese link which will check if that particular item is available through the library.