You can limit your result list to just the downloadable eBooks.
Simply select Download available under Refine your results.
Make sure that you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer. Adobe Digital Editions is available for free download.
You will need to activate Adobe Digital Editions on your computer by creating an Adobe ID and password, and then logging into Adobe Digital Editions. See the instructions from Adobe.
If you’ve previously created an Adobe account but can’t recall your password, see the instructions from Adobe located.
If you are using a portable device or eBook device, you’ll need to activate it with your Adobe ID and password. For a list of supported eBook devices, see this FAQ.
If the eBook you have chosen to download is in use by another patron, and if your library offers Holds capabilities, you have the opportunity to place a hold on the eBook to download when it becomes available. Enter your e-mail address in the field provided and click the Place Hold button.
The eBook is placed in the Holds area of your My EBSCOhost Folder. When the eBook is available, you are notified via the e-mail address you provided and the eBook appears in the Checkouts area of your folder.
Many EBSCO eBooks can be downloaded to your computer. EBSCO eBooks can be viewed online for 15 minutes or checked out for 1 week. Here's how:
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
2. Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
3. The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
4. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
5. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions:
Please note: Most EBSCO ebooks are single user access and may be unavailable up to 45 minutes after a user has stopped viewing an e-title.
McNeese State University |
4205 Ryan St., Lake Charles, LA 70609 |
EOE/AA/ADA | A member of the University of Louisiana System | Web Disclaimer | Policy Statements | University Status & Emergency Preparedness