Catalog Description for COUN 659: School Crisis Intervention and Prevention
An overview of crisis models used for prevention and post intervention in K-12 settings. Students will acquire skills neeed to assess the severity of a crisis situation and strategies used to implement appropriate interventions. Discussions include diifferent types of crises and management of high-risk students.
Prerequisites: Admission to the school counseling program and completion of Level I courses (COUN 600, COUN 605, PSYC 621, and PSYC 639).
Lec. 2, Lab 2, Cr. 3
Source: McNeese State University 2015-2016 Academic Catalog
Documents for COUN 659 (PDF and RTF Files)
The following are either PDF or RTF files. They require Adobe Reader or Microsoft Word, as appropriate.
- A Crisis Intervention Plan
- Counselor-in-Training Perceptions of Supervision Practices Related to Self-Care and Burnout
- Creating Emergency Management Plans
- Crisis Intervention Plan (Meade School District)
- Guide for Developing High-quality School Emergency Operations Plans
- Promoting Systemic Change Through the ACA Advocacy Competencies
- Sample School Emergency Operations Plan