Catalog Description for COUN 626: Multicultural Counseling in Schools and Communities
Contemporary research and theory on cultural diversity. Emphasis on attaining multi-cultural literacy and understanding intergroup and interpersonal relations.
No duplicate credit for PSYC 626.
Prerequisite: Level I courses completed (COUN 600, COUN 605, PSYC 621, and PSYC 639).
Lec. 2, Lab 2, Cr. 3
Source: McNeese State University 2015-2016 Academic Catalog
Links for COUN 626: Multicultural Counseling in Schools and Communities
The following are links to online resources for COUN 626.
- Famous African Musicians in Concert (YouTube)
- Religion in Africa
- Arabic Traditional Music (YouTube)
- Understanding Arabic Culture
- Asian Instrumental Music (YouTube)
- Traditional Chinese Music (YouTube)
- Religion and Beliefs in China
- Traditional Japanese Music (YouTube)
- Religion in Japan
- Pacific Islander Music (YouTube)
- Religious Beliefs of Pacific Islanders
- Thai Music
- 11 Common Thai Superstitions and Beliefs
- Latin Music (YouTube)
- Hispanic Music Festival
- The Shifting Religious Identity of Latinos in the United States
- Cuban Music
- Beliefs in Cuba
- Puerto Rican Music
- Puerto Ricans: Religion and Expressive Culture
- Native American Music: Shoshone (YouTube)
- Native American Music (YouTube)
- Native American Music: Shamanic Music (YouTube)