Food Science and Nutrition
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. Members have access to the Evidence Analysis Library offering one of the most authoritative and current sources on topics in nutrition.
- Blonz Guide to Nutrition Maintained by a professor at UC-San Francisco, this web directory provides links to many topics such as nutrition, food science, and more.
- Food Source is a web directory maintained by Oregon State University. It links to websites offering information on ethnic cooking, diet, and nutrition.
- Food and Nutrition Center is sponsored by the US Department of Agriculture. This site is a web directory on this topic.
- Institute of Food Technologists offers studies, courses, and reports on many subcategories.
- Nutrition Evidence Library is organized by the USDA and provides systematic reviews on topics in nutrition.
- Nutrition.gov is a maintained by the US Department of Agriculture with with subcategories for seniors, general nutrition, weight-watching, and more.
- United State Department of Agriculture contains a lot of scientific information about agriculture in general.
Evaluating Web Sites
Scholarly vs. Popular Periodicals: What’s the Difference?
Some assignments require you to use only scholarly journals, not popular magazines. There is no foolproof way to tell the difference. However, there are some features you can look for to help you decide if a periodical is scholarly. (Read more...)